As this is my very first blog post, I couldn’t think of anything better to start off with…
So I thought I would post this picture and ask you what’s the FIRST thing you notice about this woman? – Her red handbag? OR perhaps the tattoo on her foot? BUT I am hoping you will say her Big Beautiful SMILE!
If so correct! It is her smile and doesn’t she just look effortlessly beautiful and happy whilst exuding an air of confidence and fun…
And I bet you can’t help smiling as you look at the picture…!
I don’t know about you, but when someone smiles at me – it lifts my mood and puts a great big smile on my face too. And then as I am smiling thinking about the person that just put the smile on my face, I notice other people smiling at me, wondering what I am smiling about and before you know it, the smile has become infectious.
A smile is important as it can be an effective form of communication and when its genuine, it’s a powerful tool to get the results you want in any situation. A smile can break down barriers and open doors of opportunity.
Receiving a smile from someone makes you want to go the extra mile for him or her, which in turn makes him or her, want to do the same for you. So win win!
Those who know me, know that I don’t have a problem smiling, however, even I find it difficult to conjure up a smile, especially when it comes across as contrived. And for me, usually this happens when it comes to having my picture taken. I tend to freeze up.
So a few months back when I had to spend several hours in a studio having my profile pictures done for my website, I knew I would have to dig deep to make it look natural.
Thankfully I had a great photographer who eventually got me to relax and enjoy the experience. But initially it was hard to pretend that there was no camera pointing at my face.
So I used one of the principles from the Law of Attraction – ‘fake it until you make it’ principle. You see your brain doesn’t know the difference between real or imagined feelings, so I just started thinking of things that make me laugh and it didn’t take long before I was smiling and couldn’t stop…
But once you have realised that your smile is the greatest expression of your beauty and authenticity and of course your most fashionable accessory, well it’s not going to take much to keep you from smiling!
And just to give you some additional encouragement, here are few reasons you should be smiling every day:
- A genuine and sincere smile inspires trust. People are drawn to a big warm smile and they naturally want to connect with you, so it’s a great icebreaker and rapport-building tool.
- It makes you feel good. Even forcing a smile when you feel crap, can lift your mood and change the dynamics of a conversation, situation and decision-making.
- Smiling is Contagious! – its true what they say ‘when you smile the whole world smiles with you!
- You’re spreading the love and making someone’s day by smiling – so see smiling is a charitable act!
- A smile costs you nothing and its light and easy to carry with you wherever you go, and it will never go out of Style..
- It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile and not to mention that ‘frowning gives you wrinkles’! So it’s a no-brainer Girls, we should be smiling more often (though not in a crazed-woman kinda way!)
Try it for a day – smile and makes some ones day and see what a difference it makes to you and your day!
So next time you are getting dressed or out shopping for an outfit, Ask your self this question – Does this outfit make my smile look big enough?!
I would love to hear what has been keeping a smile on your face in the comments below.
Keep Smiling and Have a Beautiful Day xx.
Love, Blossom & Shine xxx,
P.S. Did I mention ‘smiling’ is Anti – Ageing!